Good Jobs, Lower Inflation, Reduce Taxes
Representative Marc Lombardo knows Billerica families are struggling with inflation, record gas prices, and soaring grocery bills. Yet on Beacon Hill, more taxes never seem to be enough. In the last 10 years, Beacon Hill Democrats have passed more than 10 tax increases on the taxpayers of Massachusetts. Marc Lombardo is taking action and this session alone, Representative Lombardo voted for:
- Tax rebates for hard working families
- Gas tax suspension
- Sales tax holidays
- Estate tax reform
- Senior Tax relief
- Increased Child Care Credits
- Senior Citizen Prescription Rebates
Representative Lombardo opposed a Massachusetts gas tax increase with automatic annual increases tied to CPI and strongly opposed the regional TCI which would have added at least .17 cents more to gas prices and send a significant amount of those taxes out of state.
Representative Lombardo supports reducing the meals, and sales taxes back to 5%.
Defend, Not Defund the Police
- Representative Lombardo supports the police and views our law enforcement as community partners.
- Marc voted against a highly flawed Police Reform bill that stripped collective bargaining rights and introduced significant personal liability on individual police officers by watering down qualified immunity simply for doing their jobs.
- Representative Lombardo supports a Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) but believes the board must have significant law enforcement expertise. The bill that passed forbid a super majority of its members from ever having been law enforcement.
Representative Lombardo voted against giving Driver's Licenses to illegal immigrants in Massachusetts and was a lead volunteer in the signature petition drive to place the question on the ballot for voters in November of 2022. Representative Lombardo does not support Massachusetts becoming a Sanctuary State. Illegal immigration is costing Massachusetts taxpayers nearly $2 billion annually on taxpayers funded benefits for those who are illegal residing in Massachusetts. Marc supports strong reforms to deal with the issue of illegal immigration including:
- Withholding funding to Sanctuary Cities
- Creating stronger penalties for those caught making fake IDs
- Requiring proof of citizenship in order to receive taxpayer funded benefits
- Increasing punitive penalties for knowingly hiring illegal workers
- Requiring the courts to verify the citizenship of any individual appearing in a state court
- Prohibiting legal state residents from being bypassed on public housing lists in favor illegal immigrants
Supporting the Second Amendment
As a sportsman, Marc is a strong supporter of the second amendment. Marc has and will continue to vigorously defend the Constitutional right of law abiding citizens to own firearms. Marc is a member of the Woburn Sportsman Club on the Middlesex Turnpike.
Protecting Parental Rights
Representative Lombardo has been a strong advocate for parental rights as a member of the legislature. As a father of two, Marc believes that Government should not supersede a parents rights to make decision for their child’s health and education.
That is why Marc opposes a state government mandate of seasonal flu vaccines for all students attending public schools. These are decisions that belong between parents and their family doctor.
In addition, Marc takes action when children are in need. When Representative Lombardo saw 15 year old Justina Pelletier wrongful ripped from the loving arms of her parents Lou and Linda and placed in DCF custody for 16 months, Lombardo stepped to action. Marc challenged DCF and the Administration and got Justina back to her family where she belonged. Calling it “one of the most rewarding efforts” of my life, Marc wants to ensure that Government doesn’t ever inappropriately interfere in the relationship of Billerica Families.
Marc believes that a first class education is the key to a successful future for our children. That is why Marc is such a strong advocate for increased state aid coming back to our community. Marc was an outspoken advocate for the new Billerica Memorial High School where he serves as a member of the High School Building Committee and helped secure the $73 Million grant for Billerica.
In addition, Marc supported the Student Opportunity Act which makes historic investment in funding for public education in Massachusetts. The law will ensure all students have access to a quality education throughout Massachusetts.
Representative Lombardo also believes communities should make decisions locally on the education for our children because he has faith in Billerica’s teachers, principals, and the Superintendent. Investment in education is important to Marc - it’s about children and parents, not politics.
Being an Active Community Partner
- Representative Lombardo is a life long Billerica residents. You can often find Marc coaching Billerica kids on the weekends on the basketball courts or the soccer fields.
- Marc Lombardo is a member of the High School Building Committee and was a champion for the passing of a ballot question to fund the new Billerica Memorial High School.
- Every month, Representative Lombardo holds office hours at the Billerica Senior Center to ensure our seniors and all residents have access to the services the office can provide.